Panel Discussion – EOSC Future
Thursday 6th July, 15:00 – 16:00
Chair: Sarah Jones, EOSC, GÉANT
Libraries: The Oil in the Engine of EOSC – How EOSC Future Technical Components Can Fit Your Library’s Workflow
This session explores the engagement of libraries in EOSC and what that means in practical terms.
The panellists will present different viewpoints from their experience in practically engaging their libraries in EOSC, including EOSC Future services. The vision of EOSC and some future directions will also be presented, but primarily the discussion will focus on the first steps needed to get started. The results of an EOSC Future libraries focus group will be presented, and the audience will leave with a better knowledge of where to start and what is expected in order to onboard resources to EOSC.
- Pedro Principe, University of Minho Documentation and Libraries Services, Portugal
- Shanmugasundaram Venkataraman, OpenAIRE
- Sarah Jones, EOSC, GÉANT
- Najla Rettberg, Research Data Alliance AISBL
- Edit Görögh, University Library of Debrecen, Hungary
- Magdalena Szuflita-Żurawska, Gdansk University of Technology Library, Poland