LIBER Linked Open Data Working Group – LOD Publication for Libraries
LIBER Linked Open Data Working Group operates in 2018-2020 with the aim of promoting and harmonizing linked data publication of libraries. Special interest was placed in making the library linked data semantically interoperable and on keeping abreast with other similar initiatives both within the library sector and without.
This workshop has two parts. First of all, we have a trio of presentations showcasing various aspects of library linked open data.
The second part of the workshop is focused on reviewing an advanced draft version of a set of best practices for releasing linked open library data. The Working Group conducted a survey on library LOD publishing in 2019 and developed best practices based on the results during the first half of 2020. Based on the discussion in the workshop, a finalized version of the best practices will be released in autumn.
- Semantic Interoperability between Bibliographic Models
Sofia Zapounidou, Michalis Sfakakis, Christos Papatheodorou
- The Challenge of Interoperability between Entity Models – Share-VDE Experience, Tiziana Possemato, Anna Lionetti
- CERL’s Resources as Linked Open Data, Andreas Walker
- A break for stretching and getting a fresh cup of coffee
- The Best Practices of Library Linked Open Data Publication
- Next steps
This Workshop is organized by the LIBER Linked Open Data Working Group.