LIBER’s Annual Conference Fund awards a limited number of bursaries each year, enabling library representatives from specific European countries to attend the conference.
The eligible countries are agreed by the LIBER Executive Board annually at its October meeting, and decisions on applications to the Fund are made by the Conference Programme Committee.
The criteria for assessing submissions/applications, in order of preference, are:
- Candidates from LIBER libraries with an accepted paper or poster abstract;
- Candidates from LIBER libraries who have submitted paper or posters abstracts but whose abstract or poster has not been accepted for the Annual Conference;
- Candidates from LIBER libraries with special circumstances (e.g. being a member of the Conference Programme Committee).
- Candidates who have not submitted an abstract or a poster but who have submitted an application to the Fund, as permitted under the terms of the Fund.
NB. Candidates who have received an award within the previous three years are given a lower priority than those who have not.
Recipients are invited to contribute a piece to the LIBER blog.
In 2019, the following CEE countries were eligible for the award:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
The 2020 list of eligible countries will published here as soon as it is confirmed.
How To Apply
Applying is simple: just send an email to email@example.com stating your interest in receiving the award.
Number of Awards
The number of awards will be based on the Fund premium collected from the 2019 Annual Conference.
Origin of the Fund
At LIBER’s Annual General Assembly in 2005, participants decided to add a small premium to the Annual Conference registration fee, and this premium is used for the Conference Fund.