LIBER’s Annual Conference has been running for nearly 50 years, and will continue to do so despite covid-19. This year we’re a virtual event.
In the week of 22 June, we warmly welcome you to join us for online sessions and workshops free of charge. Details of each session can be found in the Programme.
We have tried to avoid scheduling overlaps but inevitably some sessions do run at the same time. Want to attend both? Don’t worry! All sessions will be recorded and openly shared so you can always watch the replay, even if you can’t attend live.
- Monday, 22nd June – Opening Address- Reflections on the impact of Covid-19 on Open Science; Parallel Session #1 – Cultural Change; Panel Session – From Frenemies to Trusted Partners (collaboration between libraries and publishers, and new OA business models)
- Tuesday, 23rd June – Workshops! Topics include SSHOC train-the-trainer bootcamp, citizen science, transformative agreements, FAIR Data, Linked Open Data, Hot RDM Topics, and Libraries for Teaching and Learning.
- Wednesday, 24th June – Parallel Session #2 – Opening Up Knowledge; Keynote from Dr. Christine Koontz; Panel Session – Building Trust in Research Libraries Through Open Science; Parallel Session #3 – Securing and Building Trust; Parallel Session #4 – Crowd Powered Collaborations.
- Thursday, 25th June– Parallel Session #5 – Open Access Insights; Parallel Session #6 – Libraries as Open Innovators & Leaders; Meeting of Participants.
- Friday, 26th June – Parallel Session #7 – Super-Charging Your RDM Impact; Parallel Session #8 – Tools for Transparency & Open Access; Parallel Session #9 – Data Visualisation & Metrics.
Registration: Opening Soon
Registration for each session will open on 25 May. For now, look at the programme and block time in your agenda for the sessions you would like to attend. To be alerted as soon as registrations open, sign up for the LIBER 2020 ONLINE newsletter or follow @libereurope and @liberconference on Twitter.
There’s Room for You
Moving the 49th LIBER Annual Conference online means that we can welcome large groups of people to each session and workshop. We encourage everyone connected to research library communities worldwide to get involved, whether you are working at a LIBER institution or not. It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover what the LIBER network can offer you and your organisation, especially in these challenging times.
Reserved Seats for LIBER Participants
Since this year’s Annual Conference is accessible to a global audience, we expect many registrations. For staff working in LIBER libraries and institutions, we’re saving you a seat! When registration opens, have your organisation’s LIBER ID number ready (search for it here) and choose the ticket option for LIBER institutions.
You can always email us. Stay tuned and see you online at LIBER 2020!